Monday 22 September 2014

Production blog three

Now that I have finished my sketches and have a rough idea of what I want my magazine to looks like I was able to get the pictures onto the computer and start editing my magazine. To do so I used Adobe InDesign, a software I an familiar with and can use quite well as it was the software I used in my GCSE media studies. I also used photoshop to crop down photos out of their original background. I started by adding my title 'The Haydon Mail', I thought it would look good with the words 'the' and 'mail' significantly smaller than 'haydon' to make the word stand out, therefore this is what I done. I then tried out lots of different fonts till coming across bookman oldstyle and deciding to use that. Next up I added all my sellines where I wanted them to be knowing that they could be changed when I add my pictures depending on what it looks like. I finally added 3 images, firstly my main image which what of mu cover model (Ellie) stood by a door in the sixth form area which had the Haydon stag by it, this image took up the whole front cover. I then added the Haydon stag, this was placed just above the word 'mail' and to the right of 'Haydon', I thought this was affective as it shows that it is a Haydon product and obviously relates to the school. Finally I added the Haydon values puzzle pieces to the right of Ellie on the image and it is basically a selline. Next lesson my main aim is to touch up my front  cover, play around with fonts and colours until I like it and then move on to making my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment